Market access projects for pharmaceuticals and medical devices
Once pharmaceutical products and medical devices are entering clinical stage III, manufacturers need to start thinking about appropriate pricing and reimbursement of their products.
HEAP Research BV offers a one stop shop solution for all issues related to pricing and reimbursement from early scoping studies on price identification to successfully finalise negotiations with reimbursement authorities.
HEAP Research BV offers the following range of services:
- Advice on pre-clinical and clinical development and integration with economic data gathering,
- Advice on global pricing and reimbursement strategy,
- Scoping studies on early pricing,
- Pharmaco-, and medical device economics,
- Markov and other modelling studies,
- Surveys among payers and providers including concensus meetings,
- Sequence of country introductions in view of external price reference systems,
- Dossier preparation for price and reimbursement authorities,
- Negotiations with national reimbursement authorities.
- Set up of local affiliates including pharmacovigilance reporting
HEAP Research BV is a specialised consultancy in market access and pricing and reimbursement studies of pharmaceuticals and medical devices. Over the last decade, HEAP Research BV has invested extensively in establishing a network of market access specialists, especially in central and eastrtern Europe and Developing Countries.
HEAP Research BV is member of the PPi network (www.pharmaprice.net). In the Netherlands, HEAP Research BV has established a partnership with Seijgraaf BV, a consultancy specialised in health insurance benefits issues.
Especially small to mid-size companies are often in need of funds to invest in the development of foreign markets. HEAP Research BV has anticipated on market development of foreign markets and can help companies (1) to allocate funding sources, (2) to carry out feasibility studies and (3) to prepare Business Plans.
Increasingly, HEAP Research BV has assumed the role of investor in health care infrastructure projects. In particular, HEAP Research BV has developed a concept to establish clinics for persons with chronic disabilities in Eastern Europe and Developing Countries. With support from the Netherlands' PSI programme, HEAP Research BV has now established three rehabilitation clinics (Armenia, Egypt, the Sudan) and the concept is to be rolled out in more markets in the near future.
On a global scale, countries are involved in structural healthcare reform. Typical reforms involve the introduction of primary healthcare, the setting up of systems of equitable healthcare financing and the improvement of standards of healthcare delivery.
Since 1994 HEAP Research BV has been involved in many institutional healthcare reform projects supported by international organisations such as the European Union, the World Bank and national Governments.
To implement these projects, HEAP Research BV often works in consortium with expert organisations in the Netherlands and abroad. Typically, these organisations do have the necessary technical expertise, but no international project acquisition and management experience. For such organisations HEAP Research BV offers the facility of developing international project tracks, sourcing project funds and subsidies.
For institutional projects HEAP Research BV has established a collaboration with the Foundation "Healthy Progress" (www.healthyprogress.nl)
HEAP Research BV capabilities can be summarized in the following bullet points:
Type of projects
- Pricing and reimbursement studies;
- Pricing and reimbursement dossier preparation;
- Economic efficiency and effectiveness studies;
- Strategic planning studies;
- Pharmacoeconomic studies;
- Medical technology studies;
- Feasibility studies
- Market entry studies
- Set up of local affiliates including pharmacovigilance
- Investment studies;
- Monitoring and evaluation studies;
- Healthcare reform studies;
- Funding sourcing studies and negotiations.
- Project finance sourcing, including advice about investment subsidies;
- Proposal development;
- Development of bankable business plans;
- Submission of proposals to funding agencies;
- Local representation in foreign markets;
- Project implementation, reporting and budgeting;
- International liaison and networking;
- Acting as technical and commercial intermediate with local partners.